When a person suffers from arthritis, he is under lot of pain and discomfort; the condition restricts his regular movements like running, walking, bending, standing for long hours, sitting on the floor, etc. People with advancing age are more prone to being affected by it than the younger lot. The condition impacts a person’s mobility because the soft muscles in the joints become inflamed.
When arthritis is treated it is with a view to get relief from pain and inflammation; to restrict the disease from progressing any further; recover mobility and work disability; improve quality of patient’s life and facilitate functional independence.
Arthritis Natural Remedies
Treatment may range from allopathic, to traditional, combined with incorporating changes in the lifestyle one leads, food habits, exercise, etc. Treatments vary according to condition.
The therapy or treatment for 37 years old will not be same as that of a 73 year old.
In this post we shall discuss home and natural remedies for Arthritis. They are always preferred over allopathic treatments or surgeries because they cause no side effects or further complications.
- Beetroot juice
- Castor and mustard oil
- Camphor there are many ways to get relief from arthritic pain on temporary and permanent basis.
- Raw Potato Juice: Extracting juice of one medium size, unpeeled potato and drinking it in the morning on an empty stomach is considered an effective remedy for arthritic patients. You can either prepare fresh juice; or slice the potatoes thin and soak them in water overnight and drink that water in the morning.
2. Calcium is another mineral which when people have taken for an extended period of time on a regular basis has helped get rid of the arthritic pain completely. Its taken as calcium lactate, which is in digestible form.
3. Copper is said to strengthen bones. So many people are sent to store water in copper pots. Drinking water from it is good for the bones. Many people wear copper bracelet and rings, for the same purpose.
4. Soak a teaspoon full of black sesame seeds in 1/4th cup of water overnight and have it in the morning along with water, on an empty stomach. It works for people who suffer from constant join pains.
5. Extract a cup full of juice from any green leafy vegetable and add a cup full of beetroot, carrot, or celery juice and drink it on an empty stomach. The alkaline content in the juices help to dissolve the deposits around joint muscles relieving one of rheumatism or arthritis.
6. Garlic also works to relieve inflammation in the joins. Depending on how the patient feels most comfortable taking it, should use it in his diet, raw; in cooked food; however.
7. Bananas which are full of B6 vitamin also help to relieve arthritic pain. This course lasts a few days and during the treatment, the patient is asked to have nothing but just eight to nine bananas everyday for 5-6 days without giving a break. Even soup made from green gram gives good relief from arthritis.
8. Arthritis which is caused by uric acid can be treated with lime. Lime contains citric acid which fights uric acid. Take lime mixed with water on an empty stomach.
9. Spanish treat their arthritis with castor oil. Heating two tablespoons of castor oil and mixing it with orange juice and having it with breakfast until one feels relieved of the pain is how they do it. Indians mix coconut oil with mustard oil and add camphor to it and massage the joins with this balm to get relief form arthritic pain.
10. If you notice swelling around the joints with some redness, roast fenugreek seeds and mix it with mustard oil and applying it on the area will provide relief and movement. And while you may adopt any of the above natural remedies to get relief from arthritic pain, don’t forget to keep your body full with fluids, its especially good for the joints.